The successful applicant will have direct responsibility for all Business Development and Licensing activities at Celdara Medical, and will report to the CEO.
Celdara Medical, LLC (CM) is a fast-growing, progressive, entrepreneurial company that is advancing a portfolio of preclinical biotech assets. Each of these is at a different stage of development with a different development path, but all aim to save lives and/or dramatically improve quality of life.
CM is seeking a seasoned life science executive to work with our development teams on a wide array of cutting edge scientific innovations. In collaboration with the CEO and Program Leaders, the successful applicant will be responsible for managing deal-making processes from opportunity identification to closing. This position will build and leverage existing relationships (ours and the applicant’s) with pharma and biotech companies to identify and execute on strategic partnership opportunities. Title and compensation will be commensurate with experience.
Key Result Areas
- Close Deals
- Maximize probability adjusted impact on QALYs created
- Provide BD inputs to Program Leads at all stages of asset development, from diligence to in-licensing, to strategic partnerships, to exit
- Codify BD process/best practice and continuous improvement plan
- Maximize returns to CM shareholders
- Integrity, i.e. commitments must be bankable
- Rigor and attention to detail in all aspects of science and business
- Strong track record of leadership in deal making, ideally in highly-entrepreneurial environment(s)
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry, and minimum 5 years of experience out-licensing/BD, including the commensurate networks
- Ability to deliver in a highly independent, entrepreneurial, and unstructured environment
- Demonstrated experience in leading teams to achieve results and strategic thinking
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with colleagues and partners globally (NA, EU, JP required, CN desired, others beneficial)
- Excellent project management and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication, in particular an ability to deliver highly engaging, motivating, and persuasive scientific presentations
- Mastery of and creativity in deal making, including tech transfer/licensing and partnerships
- Strong knowledge of FDA/regulatory affairs and intellectual property
- Proven ability to prioritize a large number of responsibilities with both rigor and urgency
- Location is flexible; travel requirements will be typical of similar positions
- Work authorization
About Celdara Medical
Celdara builds academic and early-stage inventions into high-potential medical companies. We identify technologies with exceptional clinical potential, build businesses around them in close collaboration with their inventor(s), and spin out daughter companies for trade sale or A round investment.
Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Celdara Medical is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from women and members of minority groups.