Celdara Medical, LLC (CM) is developing a portfolio of preclinical therapeutic assets, platforms, and companies. Each of these has a different development path, and we work with many different modalities, and in many different indications, but everything we do is singularly focused on saving lives and/or improving quality of life.
The successful Entrepreneur In Residence will identify one or more platforms/assets from CM’s current portfolio or our incoming innovation pipeline, envision and actualize the newco or partnering opportunity, develop the strategy and persuasive communications, and then spin-out and raise funding within 6-24 months.
We are an entrepreneurial company, which requires an interest in developing breadth. The EIR will be responsible for moving programs from inception through CM’s operational exit and beyond by defining strategy, engaging partners, guiding internal and external teams, managing timelines and budget, maintaining rigorous science, and managing risk.
Key Result Areas
- Lead 1-3 programs through their development plans from initiation to spin-out and exit
- Lead programs at all levels – from mission, vision, strategy, and partnerships, to ops. Includes updates to the CEO, design and execution of the development and business plans, management of internal and external stakeholders and delivery of the objectives
- Lead team to successful outcomes in technical, schedule, budget, resourcing, etc.
- Develop and manage program funding and budget, which may include writing grant applications via the SBIR mechanism, and/or managing current grant funding
Research, marketing, legal, and operational support is provided
- Perform asset identification, conduct diligence and deliver asset pitches as a member of the internal CM diligence team
- Sourcing – identify innovations and scientific collaborators, and maintain relationships
- Demonstrated biologics expertise (e.g., ADMET, PKPD, CMC, clinical, regulatory) highly valued
- Terminal degree (Ph.D., MD, etc.) in life science or related business fields
- 10+ years of entrepreneurial experience (C level)
- Expertise re: the preclinical development of biologics
- Evidence of broad scientific interest, capability, and productivity
- Ownership mindset; self-motivated to engage with problems and actively mitigate risks
- Integrity, i.e., commitments must be bankable
- Ability to deliver results in a highly independent environment
- Excellent time-management skills
- Rigor and attention to detail in all aspects of science
- Strong sense of responsibility for deadlines and accurate data
- Passion for diverse areas of science; curiosity
- Safety mindset
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, inclusion, and cultural awareness through actions, interactions, and communications with others
- Flexibility and mental agility
- Strong spoken and written communication skills
- Enjoy collaboration and a team-based environment
- US work authorization
- Competitive compensation (base, short-and long-term incentives, retirement, and benefits).
- Health, vision, and dental plan at minimal cost to employees and their families.
- Flexible spending healthcare and childcare reimbursement accounts.
- 401k plan.
- Work/life balance, flexible schedules, paid holidays, and generous sick leave plan.
- Relocation assistance may be available if required.
INTEGRITY: We honor each of our commitments – including those that outsiders would consider trivial – with strict adherence to the highest ethical standards.
PASSION: We save lives. We make people’s lives better. This work is our passion, and we pursue it with energy and intensity.
RIGOR: We execute all aspects of our business plan and conduct our professional lives with exactness, specificity, and diligence.
RISK: We continuously and relentlessly mitigate risk in all areas of our business. Risk is a constant focus and mitigation a core philosophy.
About Celdara Medical, LLC
Celdara Medical builds academic and early-stage innovations into high-potential medical companies, identifying discoveries of exceptional value at the earliest stages and moving them toward the market. We partner with inventors and their institutions, providing the developmental, financial, and business acumen required to bridge discovery and profitability. Nestled in New Hampshire’s Scenic Upper Valley, Lebanon, NH enjoys a diverse offering of locally owned restaurants, extensive outdoor activities, and rich cultural events. The area is renowned for the medical, business, and tech innovations spun out of nearby Dartmouth College and the state-of-the-art facilities of Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center and other local healthcare and technology companies.
Celdara Medical, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Exemption Status: Exempt
Reports to: CEO
Remote Work policy: Applicants must reside in the Eastern Time Zone and will be required to report to the CM NH office at least once a month.
To apply, please email a cover letter and CV to email@example.com