Celdara Medical, LLC (CM) is building a portfolio of early-stage medical companies in collaboration with leading academicians. Each of these is at a different stage of development with a different development path. Celdara aims to bring these products to market with urgency. Our Mission is to give hope and health to patients by transforming academic innovations into medicines that cure the world’s most challenging diseases.
CM is seeking an outstanding individual with a strong background in biomedical science to work with the scientific team on a variety of technical and strategic initiatives. Applicants require demonstrated technical experience in the field, which requires a minimum of 5 years of full-time professional laboratory experience with any or all of the following: cell culture, protein analysis, flow cytometry, immunoassays, protein production and purification.
The Scientist will typically be a part of 2-3 internal research teams, consisting of CM employees and a partnering lab at an academic institution. Research teams often span multiple topic areas, with varied tasks required for each project depending on the stage of the technology. Team members are primarily responsible for generating data in the lab, but will participate in all aspects of development, from assay design and optimization through manufacturing.
We are particularly interested in self-starters who seek ways to improve and promote quality, apply feedback to improve their performance and proactively monitor their own work to ensure outstanding results. Similarly, opportunities for employee growth are many-fold, and may lead to greater depth and leadership positions in scientific or managerial roles, depending on the employee’s interests and capabilities and the Mission and needs of the organization.
We love data, data comes from the lab, and this is a lab position where the rigorous generation of high-quality data is the measure of success. Successful candidates will thrive on collaboration and in a team-based, data-focused environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Independently perform multiple experiments at a time, often in different subject areas, and maintain relevant lab samples and materials.
· Consistently demonstrate competency, accuracy and thoroughness in lab techniques along with effective use of resources.
· Analyze, synthesize, and communicate data to both technical and non-technical colleagues and collaborators.
· Identify, troubleshoot, and optimize processes or recommend solutions to problems associated with experimental design, procedures, and equipment.
· As necessary, develop and implement new or modified research methods, procedures, and techniques to meet the requirements of identified research goals.
· Master’s, PhD, or MD in biology, biochemistry, or other medically relevant field
· 5+ years of professional laboratory experience
· Demonstrated laboratory experience with cell culture, protein analysis, flow cytometry, immunoassays, mammalian protein expression and purification
· Integrity, i.e., commitment to deliverables is a primary focus
· Strong sense of urgency; proactive responsibility for deadlines and accurate data
· Ability to troubleshoot, engage with finding solutions to key questions and deliver results with minimal supervision
· Rigor and attention to detail in all aspects of science
· Enjoyment of diverse areas of science and curiosity to learn more
· Excellent time-management skills and the ability to successfully participate in multiple research areas
· Strong spoken and written communication skills
· Enjoy collaboration and team-based environment
· Demonstrated commitment to diversity, inclusion, and cultural awareness through actions, interactions, and communications with others
· Work authorization
The individual selected for this role may be required to perform other related duties as assigned.
We give hope and health to patients by transforming academic innovations into medicines that cure the world’s most challenging diseases.
We honor each of our commitments – including those that outsiders would consider trivial – with strict adherence to the highest ethical standards.
We save lives. We make people’s lives better. This work is our passion, and we pursue it with energy and intensity.
We execute all aspects of our business plan and conduct our professional lives with exactness, specificity, and diligence.
We continuously and relentlessly mitigate risk in all areas of our business. Risk is a constant focus and mitigation a core philosophy.
· Health, Vision and Dental Plan at minimal cost for employees and their families
· Flexible Spending healthcare and childcare reimbursement accounts
· 401k plan
· Work/life balance, flexible schedules, paid holidays and generous sick leave plan
· Short and long-term incentive programs
· Relocation assistance may be available
About Celdara Medical, LLC
Celdara Medical builds academic and early-stage innovations into high-potential medical companies, identifying discoveries of exceptional value at the earliest stages and moving them toward the market. We partner with inventors and their institutions, providing the developmental, financial, and business acumen required to bridge discovery and profitability.
Nestled in New Hampshire’s Scenic Upper Valley, Lebanon, NH enjoys a diverse offering of locally owned restaurants, extensive outdoor activities, and rich cultural events. The area is renowned for the medical, business, and tech innovations spun out of nearby Dartmouth College and the state-of-the-art facilities of Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center and other local healthcare and technology companies.
Celdara Medical, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from women and other members of under-represented groups.
Location: Lebanon, NH
Exemption Status: Exempt
This position includes laboratory responsibilities and requires the employee to be on site.
To apply, please email a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org